Catalog No. 300 - Hot Socket Gap Indicator
The TESCO Hot Socket Gap Indicator (Catalog No. 300) is quick, easy-to-use and has a rugged, non-conductive insulated shell. The mechanical tool engages the jaws of a meter socket and will indicate a gap or significant loss of jaw pre-load. Total estimated time of testing four jaws is less than 30 seconds. Even minor gaps can result in electrical arcing, resulting with a more serious problem, failure, or electrical fire.
The TESCO Cat. 300 will work with all sockets, including meter socket jaws with designed-in gaps, and socket jaws which have fresh lubricant.
Note: If feasible, service should be disconnected. Regardless of whether the service has been disconnected or is live, personal protective equipment (PPE) should always be used while operating.
- Easy-to-use design
- Determines unsafe holding-force on meter socket jaws based on laboratory testing
- Blade spring force was designed to effectively determine a minimum unsafe threshold
- Insulated plastic body (Rated 3000 V)
- Tin-plated spring steel blade used to withstand daily use, travel, and vibration
- No maintenance required
- Calibrated for 5 years or 1,000,000 sockets (whichever occurs first)