Catalog No. 1044A - 20 Amp Current Transformer Burden Test Set
Due to overwhelming demand, TESCO is pleased to re-introduce the 1044A 20 Amp CT Burden Test Set. This light weight, hand held unit is a simple and inexpensive means whereby a current transformer installation may be quickly checked for many sources of trouble. The 1044A provides utilities a less expensive and more traditional option for checking larger services for potential meter circuit related issues.Read More
Extensive precautions have been taken in the design so that there will be a continuous and closed path in the watthour meter current circuit at all times, and the secondary of the current transformer can not be opened by accident.
The Current Transformer Burden Test Set is used for detecting the following sources of trouble in any C.T. installation.
- Short circuited primary turns on C.T.
- Short circuited secondary turns on C.T.
- High resistance joints or connections in the C.T. secondary circuit
- Short circuited secondary wiring
- Customer tampering
- Grounding of normal ungrounded wire
- Grounding of secondary winding when mounted on grounded structure
- Current ranges selected such that a half-scale reading on any range will be a full-scale deflection on the next lowest range. Consequently, a current range can be selected which will give at least half-scale deflection.
- Large easy to read panel meter
- Five current ranges
- Seven ohmic burden values
- Non-conducting molded case