KCTS-8000 - Current Transformer Testing System
The Knopp Current Transformer Testing System (Type KCTS-8000) is designed to measure the accuracy of instrument transformers having 1 or 5 ampere secondaries and primaries of up to 8000 amperes. The system uses a high accuracy multi-range current transformer as a reference standard. All ANSI standard burdens are included. The phase angle and ratio errors of the transformer-under-test (TUT) are measured by the built-in Knopp Automatic Transformer Comparator.
Optional KATC-C2-1 model can test CTs with 1A or 5A secondary current when used with a KCTS-8000.
- AUTOMATIC and AUTORANGING Type KATC-C2 Current Transformer Comparator provides minimum measurement time (typically within three seconds after adjustment of test current).
- DIGITAL DISPLAY of test current, ratio error (in Percent or Ratio Correction Factor), phase angle error (in Minutes or Milliradians), and Accuracy Class of the TUT.
- SELF CHECK feature allows the KCTS system accuracy to be easily verified without the use of an external reference standard.
- PROTECTIVE CIRCUITRY senses error conditions, such as wrong ratio or wrong polarity, and then removes power from the KCTS loading circuitry.
- ZERO START feature requires that both coarse and fine test current controls be at zero before power can be applied to the loading circuitry (and thus the TUT).
- MOTORIZED CONTROL of the test current is provided to minimize test time. This allows AUTOMATIC RUNDOWN of the test current after the test is complete.
- SERIAL (RS-232C) output port to allow transfer of test results to a printer or data collection system.
- CONNECTION KIT which includes cables to facilitate connection of most instrument transformers to the KCTS terminals.
- DEMAGNETIZATION of Transformers prior to test.
within ±0.025% on ratio and ±2 minutes on phase angle at 1.2, or less, accuracy class.
Test Current Ranges
5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 40, 50, 60, 75, 80, 100, 120, 125, 150, 160, 200, 250, 300, 400, 500, 600, 750, 800, 1000, 1200, 1500, 1800, 2000, 2500, 3000, 4000, 5000, 6000, 7500, and 8000 amperes.
Included ANSI Burdens
B-.04, B-0.1, B-0.2, B-0.5, B-0.9, B-1, B-1.8, B-2, B-4, and B-8.
Burdens up to B-1.8 are rated for 400% tests while the remaining burdens (B-2,B-4, B-8) are rated for 200% tests. Provisions are made for use of an external burden.
208 or 240 VAC (specify at time of order), single phase, 60 Hz, at 200 amperes maximum. And a separate 120 VAC source at 5 amperes..