Catalog No. KC-1500 - Current Transformer Testing System
The Knopp Type KC-1500 Current Transformer Testing System is designed to measure the accuracy of instrument transformers having 1 and 5 ampere secondaries and primaries of up to 1500 amperes. The KC-1500 is capable of testing transformers with 1 or 5 ampere secondaries. The system uses a high accuracy multi-range current transformer as a reference standard.Read More
The system is well suited for utilities whose current transformer testing needs include primary currents up to and including 1500 amperes. The phase angle and ratio errors of the transformer-under-test (TUT) are measured by the built-in Knopp Automatic Transformer Comparator.Read Less
- AUTOMATIC and AUTORANGING Type KATC-C1 Current Transformer Comparator provides minimum measurement time (typically within three seconds after adjustment of test current).
- DIGITAL DISPLAY of test current, ratio error (in Percent or Ratio Correction Factor), phase angle error (in Minutes or Milliradians).
- ACCURACY CLASS for which the TUT qualifies is digitally calculated and displayed.
- SELF CHECK feature allows the KC-1500 system accuracy to be easily verified without the use of an external reference standard.
- PROTECTIVE CIRCUITRY senses error conditions, such as wrong ratio or wrong polarity, and removes power from the KC-1500 loading circuitry.
- ZERO START feature requires that the test current control be a t zero before power can be applied to the loading circuitry (and thus the TUT).
- STANDARD ANSI BURDENS include B-0.1, B-0.2, B-0.5, B-0.9, B-1, and B-1.8.
- PORTABILITY means the system can easily be transported to a field testing location.
- SERIAL (RS-232C) output port to allow transfer of test results to a printer or computer.
- 120 VOLT OPERATION allows the use of readily available power sources in the lab or the shop.
- CONNECTION KIT which includes cables to facilitate connection of most instrument transformers to the KC-1500 terminals.