PREA Meter School 2021
- History of Electric Metering – This presentation takes an in-depth look at the history of electric metering starting with Ben Franklin’s Electric “battery” around the year 1670. The battle of the currents (AC vs. DC) is discussed, as well as the watt-hour meter, meter manufacturers, how metering has changed and what metering is today. We hope you enjoy this! This presentation was given at the PREA Meter School. 03/09/21.
- Meter Forms – This presentation goes over the varying types of meter forms, self-contained vs. transformer-rated, as well as Blondel’s Theorem. This presentation was given at the PREA Meter School. 03/09/21.
- AMI Technology Overview – This presentation was given at the PREA Meter School and gives an overview of AMI including an overview of the technologies, the benefits, how AMI is changing the industry, and what the future looks like. 03/09/21.
- ANSI C12.1 Overview and Current Events – This presentation is an overview of the ANSI C12 Standards that pertain to electric metering. This presentation was given at the PREA Meter School. 03/09/21.
- Site Verification for Self-Contained Hot Socket Detection – This presentation covers differences between self-contained and instrument or transformer rated sites; transformer rated meter forms; test switches and CTs; Blondel’s Theorem; meter accuracy testing; checking the health of your CTs and PTs; and site verification (and not just meter testing). This presentation was given at the PREA Meter School. 03/09/21.