We are looking for a Service Engineer with experience related to the assembly, functional-level test, and configuration of custom and semi-custom modules and systems in support our national customer base. Responsibilities include on site equipment installation and problem resolution, system and device training, and equipment calibration. Additional responsibilities may include Support Contract administration, sales, and tracking; spare part and upgrade sales; and general customer relations. The Service Engineer will interact with engineers, program managers, sales and production teams.
TESCO is a market leader in our niche of the electric utility industry. Headquartered in the historic Grundy Mill in Bristol, PA, and with facilities in three countries, TESCO has been in business since 1904 and provides products and services to every electric utility in North America.
Key Job Requirements:
- The Service Engineer will be required to travel nationally up to 80% of the time.
- Strong troubleshooting and communications skills.
- Experience in electronic equipment installation and repair.
- Ability to interpret board and module-level schematics.
- Familiarity with hardware diagnostics software tools.
- Experience using test equipment including multi-meters, oscilloscopes, and logic analyzers.
- Experience in performing functional-level testing, firmware programming, and configuration of computer PCBAs, modules and systems.
- Experience with and knowledge of PC computer hardware and software, including networking.
- Experience with commercial and residential power and metering a plus.
- IPC certification in rework and repair of electronic assemblies (IPC-7711/7721 or equivalent) a plus.
- Associates degree or higher in Electrical or Electronics Technology or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience as an Engineering Technician or equivalent.
What you’ll get:
- Vehicle, phone, and travel compensation over and above salary available
- Full HSA medical plan, prescription plan, vision plan and dental plan
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Vacation and sick/personal days
- Nine holidays per year
- Long- and short-term disability, and term life insurance
- Tuition Assistance
- A career at a growing company with multiple opportunities for growth and advancement
Equal Opportunity Employer. Interested candidates should email their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.