- Operates production machinery in accordance with prints and specifications. Assigned machines may include (conventional & CNC) lathes, mills, grinders and similar equipment.
- Produces the required quantity of parts within established specifications and tolerances.
- Measures finished parts with precision tools, ensuring compliance with function, quality, and cosmetic specifications.
- Maintain logs and records of units produced including a record of errors resulting in rejected or discarded parts.
- Inspects equipment prior to use to ensure proper setup and alignment; performs basic and routine adjustments and maintenance.
- Maintains a clean, safe and orderly work area.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to follow directions and work well in a team.
- Ability to interpret and translate engineering designs and documentation.
- Ability to learn other pieces of production equipment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are a plus.
- Prolonged periods working on one’s feet, using tools, and performing repetitive actions that entail bending and stooping.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Visual acuity to read instruction, operate machine, and inspect parts produced.
Education and experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- One year of related experience is preferred but not require.
- Completion of on-the-job training may be substituted for educational requirements.
The starting rate for this position will be $14.00 / hour, for entry level candidates, but a higher rate may be negotiated based on experience.
If you are a Machine Operator or wants to learn to become one, who wants to work with a company who is number one in their market niche and wants to continue to grow with the company, please apply today!
For more information, or to be considered for these positions, please email your resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.