TESCO has been providing innovative products and solutions to the utility industry since 1904. Headquartered in the historic Grundy Mill in Bristol, PA, we manufacture hundreds of products including safety equipment, test equipment, software and more. We have offices in California, Montreal , New Brunswick, and the Philippines.
We are growing and looking for an Electronics Engineer (5+ years relevant experience) with specific experience in mixed signal design in the audio frequency range. In this position, you will design, modify, and evaluate PCBs, components, or circuitry for use in high accuracy electronic test equipment and devices. You will perform engineering work in basic and applied research, development, and/or design of new products and/or sustaining of existing products. You will perform complicated engineering work exercising independent judgment and action. You will work closely with customers to understand equipment/system requirements and to ensure that the product(s) work in the application(s).
Additionally, candidates should be familiar with full circuit modeling and precision circuit principles. A successful candidate should show the ability to lead a team to achieve economical design cost targets.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the definition, modeling, characterization, design, documentation, bench verification, and troubleshooting of analog circuits for audio frequency range, high power voltage and current amplifiers.
- Responsible for the definition, modeling, characterization, design, documentation, bench verification, and troubleshooting of signal processing and analog-to-digital conversion for audio frequency range signals to ±1ppm accuracies over signal ranges of microvolts to thousands of volts and microamps to kiloamps.
- Responsible for the specification, design, implementation, and test of circuits.
- Responsible to document and communicate work and to solicit feedback from peers using design reviews.
- Responsible to diagnose complex issues with design, field performance, reliability, and test yields of products and recommend/implement corrective actions.
- Collaborate with design, manufacturing, and service personnel as needed to identify and address circuit performance issues.
- Follow key engineering procedures including the Product Development Process, ECO process, and use of source control and defect tracking tools.
- Strongly prefer 6+ years demonstrated experience in audio, analog design, including circuit design, modeling, simulation, and characterization; control loops: stability, gain, and phase margin; ultra-high accuracy analog to digital processing systems.
- Must have strong understanding of op amps.
- Must have strong understanding of discrete semiconductors: IGBT, MOSFET, JFET, BJT, Zener, Rectifier.
- Must have strong understanding of passive components.
- Must have demonstrated ability creating schematics and hardware functionality.
- Must have experience with test equipment: DVM, Logic Analyzer, Oscilloscope, Power Supply, Function Generator, and more.
- Must have demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and with significant autonomy.
- Must have proven ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be dynamic, motivated, self-starter with strong work ethic and ability to quickly learn new products and tools.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and be able to interface on a professional level with a wide variety of technical disciplines.
- Must have the ability to work directly with customers to define requirements and specifications.
- BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering
What you’ll get:
- Full HSA medical plan, prescription plan, vision plan and dental plan
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Vacation and sick/personal days
- Nine holidays per year
- Long and short term disability, and term life insurance
- Tuition Assistance
What you’ll get:
Interested candidates should send their resume and a cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.