Director of Lean and Manufacturing
Privately owned since 1904, TESCO provides innovative products and solutions to the electric utility industry and is the largest manufacturer in our market niche. We manufacture hundreds of products including utility consumables, test equipment, safety equipment, enterprise software, and more. We have offices in Ohio, Texas, and Canada with our headquarters and primary manufacturing site in Bristol, PA.
We are growing and looking for a Director of Lean Manufacturing who is responsible for all aspects of shop floor operations including: production throughput, equipment maintenance and operation, work instructions/procedures compliance, quality, staffing/personnel issues, process control, cost control and avoidance, continuous improvement, safety, and schedule compliance.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Design and implementation of 5S- Lean Manufacturing and Lean Logistics in Manufacturing and Manufacturing Support areas
- Design and develop a cross-training plan for all areas of Manufacturing.
- Use interdepartmental resources to solve complex problems
- Work with Sales, Engineering, and Purchasing to provide the customer with good quality products in a timely manner, while still maintaining the highest possible profit margin
- Help process engineers fine-tune existing processes
- Continually seeking ways to streamline processes
- Provide leadership to all production employees
- Deal with confrontation in a tactful and positive manner
- Juggle multiple priorities
- Enforce all company policies and procedures
- Other duties as directed by management
- Follow all ESD policies and procedures
- Interact with suppliers/customers, and others as needed
- Minimum 4-year college degree in a related field or scope, equivalent training, or a combination of both college and professional training
- Minimum 5 years of previous manufacturing experience
- Minimum 3 years experience managing groups of professionals of supervisor or lead level
- Strong project management skills
- Effective presentation skills
- Ability to organize team(s) to work quickly and effectively towards hourly, daily, weekly, monthly and semi-annual, and annual goals.
- Proven ability to motivate others toward an end goal
- Strategic thought processes
- Strong computer skills working with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience with electronic circuit board assembly preferred.
- Knowledge of components preferred.
What you’ll get:
- Full HSA medical plan vision plan, dental plan, and prescription plan
- 401(k) retirement plan with 75% company match
- Vacation and sick/personal days
- Nine holidays per year
- Long and short-term disability, and term life insurance
- Tuition Assistance
- $150,000.00 – $170,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bristol, PA 19007: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Manufacturing: 5 years (Required)
- One location
Interested candidates should send their resumes and a cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.